[caption id="attachment_8567" align="aligncenter" width="711"] Stephane Valeri, Minister of Health and Social Affairs[/caption]
The Franco-Monegasque Joint Commission on Social Security was held recently at the Ministry of State, at which a number of important issues were discussed.
The themes on the agenda concerned both health and social security issues. In particular among the topics debated were the shift to activity pricing (T2A), health professional cards and the implementation of teleworking.
Much of the discussion centred on how workers paying health contributions in France can benefit from treatment in Monaco, and how the Monaco institutions, such as the Princess Grace Hospital, will be reimbursed by France.
The Monaco delegation, led by Mr Stephane Valeri, Minister of Health and Social Affairs, argued at length for Monaco healthcare professionals to be issued with French credentials in order to facilitate treatment.
The subject of the practical implementation of the new teleworking law was also talked about and parties agreed to address the issue annually.
Talks were very constructive on all these points, in a climate conducive to strengthening cooperation between the two countries, Monaco’s Government said.
READ ALSO:More than 1500 strike in Monaco
[caption id="attachment_20780" align="alignnone" width="768"] Photo: Twitter EUterrornews[/caption]
Police in Marseille have said that an incident in which a man drove into two bus shelters on Monday morning, killing a 42-year-old woman and seriously injuring a man, was not terrorist-related.
The driver was arrested shortly after the two events, at about 9:30 am. The two bus shelters were in different districts of the city. The 35-year-old man was quickly arrested by the Anti-Crime Brigade (BAC) in the Old Port area this morning. He had arrived from Grenoble to receive psychiatric care in a specialised establishment, La Provence said. The suspect was already known to the police.
"There is no factor leading us to describe this as a terrorist act," said Xavier Tarabeux, Prosecutor of the Republic of Marseille. At the early stage of the investigation it is not known if the perpetrator had been inspired by the fatal attacks in Barcelona last week, in which a total of 15 victims died.