Monaco’s golden boy Rosberg commits to Formula E

 

Monaco resident Nico Rosberg has become a shareholder in Formula E, according to its organisers.

“Since my retirement, I’ve become very interested in the e-mobility movement and its potential to positively impact our society and our planet,” the retired 2016 Formula One world champion said in a Formula E statement.

“I’ve therefore also long believed in the potential of Formula E and came on board as an investor some time ago.” Neither Rosberg nor the series gave details of the amount of his investment, but German media have suggested that the 32-year-old might take a management role.

Last year Rosberg said he was interested in becoming more involved in Formula E, but not as a driver. The new global Ambassador for Rolex is expected to give the season’s new Gen2 car its first public demonstration outing at the Berlin ePrix on May 19.


READ ALSO

Grid girls will still be part of this year’s Grand Prix

SHARE