Monaco police bravery, 14 recognised for Graff hostage-taking intervention

Photo: Manuel Vitali/Direction de la Communication
Photo: Manuel Vitali/Direction de la Communication

Serge Telle, Minister of State, recently presented letters of congratulation to a number of police officers who have been involved in incidents during which they acted with exception devotion to duty.

“I am especially pleased that we all pay tribute to those who ensure our daily security, with determination, courage, and talent. Security is the first of our freedoms. It is freedom that ensures our social contract. It is the guarantee of our future,” Minister Telle said during the ceremony at his residence.

The actions of the police officers will also be recognised during the next national holiday, at the request of the Minister of State.

On September 18 last year, four police officers prevented a person from committing suicide on Boulevard du Larvotto, while on December 22, 2016, fourteen police officers intervened during the hostage-taking and attempted robbery at the Graff jewellery shop in Monte-Carlo.

Their prompt actions allowed them to intercept the robber before he could leave the Principality. HE Serge Telle also wished to associate with this event the security officer of the Monaco Sécurité Privée company, who sounded the alert.

Finally, Minster Telle said that the Government had decided to improve working conditions for the police service with a  revaluation of night hours, and to give the Directorate of Public Security new resources and material in 2017.

READ MORE

Monaco takes international security threat seriously

READ MORE

Robbery, hostage at Casino Thursday, Nice-Matin reports

SHARE