On 28 and 29 November 2018, the Monaco Digital Advisory Council (MDAC) met for the first time in Monaco, under the presidency of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco.
Composed of world experts from the public and private sectors in the field of digital technology, this Committee’s main mission is to advise Monaco in its strategic vision in the digital field and in the implementation of its actions.
The creation of a committee of experts in digital technology in Monaco is a strong signal from the Principality of its ambition in terms of digital transition serving its population and its international influence
The digital transition is the biggest challenge for countries, businesses and individuals. The positioning of each entity and the ability to profit from this revolution will determine the winners of the present and future economy.
The creation of the MDAC, made up of players from the global elite of public and private institutions linked to the technology sector, is an asset to achieve these objectives.
Led by Mr. Frédéric GENTA, Interministerial Delegate in charge of the digital transition, the missions of the MDAC are multiple:
- propose solutions to the main challenges that the Principality faces in terms of digital,
- put their networks and companies at the service of the Principality,
- to be ambassadors of Monaco’s digital transition outside of Monaco.
Ten iconic personalities for the first edition of the MDAC
- Nick JENNINGS: Professor of Artificial Intelligence at IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON, he is recognized worldwide as an expert in the field.
- Marc-André KAMEL: Monegasque, Partner and Director of BAIN & COMPANY, he heads the Distribution and Luxury division for Europe, the Middle East and Africa and is one of the leaders in Transformation and Customer Strategy and Marketing. .
- Axelle LEMAIRE: Former Secretary of State for Digital in France, she is a partner in the ROLAND BERGER consulting firm.
- Hani MAHMASSANI: Professor at the NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, he is considered a world expert in the field of mobility.
- Hiroshi MIKITANI: Founder and CEO of RAKUTEN, the largest digital platform in Japan.
- Krishnakumar NATARAJAN: Co-founder and Executive Chairman of MINDTREE, India’s largest IT company on smart city themes.
- Niklas MYHR: Professor at Chapman University, he is considered the world’s leading expert on social networks.
- Diego PIACENTINI: Government Commissioner for Digital in Italy, first Vice-President of AMAZON and second largest shareholder ($ 3.2 billion).
- Balaji SRINIVASAN: Co-founder of COINBASE (the largest company in Blockchain) and Partner of ANDREESSEN HOROWITZ (the largest venture capital fund in California).
- Gunhild STORDALEN: Founder and Executive Chairman of EAT FOUNDATION.
Through their diverse expertise and horizons, the experts make recommendations in the definition of the Principality’s digital vision and strategy, its elaboration and implementation by the Prince’s Government under the authority of HSH the Sovereign Prince.