Children in parks poisoned by inhalation of cannabis

Lenval Hospital in Nice. Photo: Facebook Fondation Lenval
Lenval Hospital in Nice. Photo: Facebook Fondation Lenval

Dr Hervé Haas, Chief of Paediatric Emergencies at Lenval Hospital in Nice, has told the local press of his great concern over the poisoning of children in the city’s parks through the accidental inhalation of cannabis.

Five children were hospitalised in recent weeks as a result of accidental cannabis poisoning. The children were as young as one and the oldest just 18-months-old. They were playing in the parks when the incidents took place and were taken to hospital suffering from neurological disorders associated with the accidental ingestion of cannabis.

According to Dr Haas, the situation is getting worse and vigilance has to be shown in order to limit the problem.


RELATED ARTICLES

Drugs suspected in bizarre traffic incident

Suspect hands over drugs from his boxers

 

SHARE